Our Environmental Health Officers provide a range of public and environmental health services for business, residents and visitors to the City to:
- prevent disease transmission
- ensure a safe food supply
- ensure there is safe and healthy living accommodation.
They are responsible for the enforcement of a number of Acts and their respective Regulations, Codes of Practice, Standards and Policies. This ranges from food safety legislation to legislation protecting community health and wellbeing.
- Food Act 2001, Food Regulations 2002 and Food Safety Standards
- Public and Environmental Health Act 1987, Public and Environmental Health (General) Regulations 2006, Public and Environmental Health (Legionella) Regulations 2008 and Public and Environmental Health (Waste Control) Regulations 2010
- Supported Residential Facilities Act 1992 and Supported Residential Facilities Regulations 2009.