The City of Tea Tree Gully’s Youth Sponsorship Program has been established to assist and encourage young residents who have achieved outstanding results in their chosen field.
Funds are available for eligible applicants who have been chosen to represent South Australia or Australia at a national or international competition / event / activity in the following categories:
- Sport and Recreation (football, netball, swimming, gymnastics etc)
- Arts and Culture (art, dancing, singing, theatre etc)
- Education and Academic Performance (maths, science, language etc)
- Community Involvement (public speaking, debating)
To be eligible for sponsorship applicants must be:
- A resident of the City of Tea Tree Gully, aged between 12 and 25 years at the time of the event
- Represent South Australia or Australia at a national or international level
- Free of commercial sponsorship
- Attending a primary, secondary or tertiary institution in South Australia or be unemployed
Criteria for Funding
- Applications must comply with the eligibility requirements
- Applications must be received at least two weeks prior to the proposed event
- Only one successful application is allowed per person per calendar year however an additional application may be allowed if a successful applicant is selected to represent Australia overseas for the same sport in the same year
- Applications must be on the appropriate application form and include:
- a typed signed letter of notification (on official letterhead) from the relevant State, National body or association stating that you have been chosen to compete/ invited to exhibit / perform representing South Australia or Australia in a sporting, cultural or academic event or competition
- a photocopy of applicant's current student card (if a student) or photocopy of Centrelink Health Care card with current name & address (if unemployed)
- All payments will be made by Electronic Funds Transfer
- Approval is subject to annual budgetary limitations of the Community Grants program
- Successful applicants must provide a photo of themselves in the event for possible inclusion in Council publications
- Council reserves the right to publish details of the awarded grant and details of the successful applicant to whom the grant is awarded
- Any other condition deemed appropriate
When can you apply?
Applications are accepted throughout the year and are processed two weeks prior to the event. Funding will be allocated to successful applicants until Grant money is expended.
All payments will be made by Electronic Funds Transfer.
Individual Grants will be provided to each individual applicant if no more than 3 members of the same institution, club or organisation participating at the same event apply for funding.
Multiple Grants will be provided if more than 3 members of the same institution, club or organisation participating at the same event apply for funding. This grant is to be shared equally between all eligible applicants/group members.
The amount granted will be in accordance with the following table:
Location of Event
(1 - 3)
(4 or more)
(international events only)
Application forms and guidelines can be found to the right of this screen or from the Civic Centre.
Forward your completed application, together with attachments to:
Community Program Officer
Youth Sponsorship Program
Community Development & Engagement
City of Tea Tree Gully
PO Box 571
Modbury SA 5092
For further information please contact our Community Program Officer on ph: 8397 7444 or email.