Nominations open in October and close in November each year. Awards are presented at Council's annual Australia Day Celebrations held on 26 January.
Nominations can be made for the following categories:
Citizen of the Year
This award recognises individuals who have made a significant contribution to our local community over the past 12 months and/or given outstanding service to our local community over a number of years. This contribution may have been given to, but not limited to, groups such as sporting clubs, community groups, churches or schools.
Community Group of the Year
This award recognises groups who have made a significant and beneficial contribution to our local community over the past 12 months and/or given outstanding service to our local community over a number of years.
Sportsperson of the Year
This award recognises individuals for outstanding sporting achievements over the past 12 months.
- Nominees must be Australian Citizens
- All residents of the City of Tea Tree Gully are eligible for nomination, consideration will also be given to non-residents who have made a significant contribution to the Tea Tree Gully community
- Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years
- Previous recipients of the award categories may receive the same award in the future, however the contribution or achievements that this person or organisation made in receiving the original award may not be considered
- Award recipients will be selected at the discretion of Council. If nominations for a particular category are unsuitable, Council reserves the right not to select an Award recipient.
Citizen of the Year
- Sitting state and federal politicians and current vice-regal officers are not eligible
- Retired politicians and vice-regal officers will be considered for work undertaken in addition to their official duties.
For further information please contact us on (08) 8397 7444 or via email.