The City of Tea Tree Gully Grants Program provides financial grants to individuals, community groups and “not-for- profit” organisations that provide a benefit to the wider community of the City of Tea Tree Gully for various purposes and projects.
These grants are disbursed in accordance with Council’s objectives, vision and/or management plans.
The program’s purpose is to assist eligible groups and organisations with a one-off grant for one of the four funding categories:
Category A – Development – maximum $5 000
- For establishment or expansion of a community development activity, program or project that is primarily focused on participation and inclusion of local residents in community life
- For projects and programs that focus on the development of local communities, aim to build people’s skills to benefit community projects, encourage participation and offer innovative approaches to meet community needs.
Category B – Equipment – maximum $2 000
- For the purchase of equipment that relates directly to and supports an ongoing successful community development activity, program or project
Category C – Community Events – maximum $2 000
- Support for events held within the City of Tea Tree Gully, which have broad appeal to both the local and wider community, that celebrate significant occasions and encourage cultural diversity or bring communities together.
- Funding is calculated on predicted attendance numbers:
- 0 - 200 persons - up to $500
- 201 - 800 persons - up to $1 000
- over 801 persons - up to $2 000
Category D – Community Environmental Grants– maximum $1 000
- For protecting and enhancing the local environment and to promote sustainable living projects, activities and programs relating to:
- Waste minimisation
- Water and energy use
- Natural resource management
- Environmental education
The Community Development Grants are open to non-government organisations, not-for-profit community organisations, voluntary associations and community and sporting groups and organisations.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be an incorporated/legitimate body or be auspiced by an incorporated body
(Council will not auspice organisations or find an auspice organisation for applicants)
- Be located within the City of Tea Tree Gully Council area and/or primarily serve City of Tea Tree Gully residents
- Clearly demonstrate their own contribution to the project, whether financial, in-kind or by some other means and must match the amount of the grant with either cash, material, volunteer hours or in-kind towards the project or program
- Have a limited capacity to raise funds from other sources
- Not have received a Community Development Grant in the previous 12 month period
- Have no outstanding debt owing to the City of Tea Tree Gully
- Have acquitted any previous successful funding from the Council.
Please note: meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee a grant fund.
Third Round 2012/2013 Grant Opening and Closing Dates
- Grant Round opens: Wednesday 1 May 2013
- Grant Round closes: 5pm Friday 17 May 2013
- Assessment Date: Tuesday 25 June 2013
- Outcomes Advised: Applicants will be notified in writing in July 2013
- Projects Completion Date: all successful programs must be completed within 12 months of approval
Submit your application as early as possible - late applications will not be accepted.
The following Grant Round will open in August 2013.
Guidelines for each Grant Category can be found to the right of this screen.
If you require further information or would like to discuss your application, please contact the Community Grants Officer on ph: 8397 7444 or via email.