Contact details for Council

Contact us


All enquiries: 8397 7444
- This number is monitored out of hours for emergencies

NRS (National Relay Service): 1800 555 660

Request a service or report an issue online

Via email

In person

Civic Centre 
Monday - Friday
Opening hours: 8.45am - 5pm
571 Montague Road, Modbury  


We are committed to delivering high quality services and great customer experiences.  Your feedback is important to us. 

If you have a suggestion or are satisfied with our service complete our feedback form


If you are dissatisfied with a decision, the quality of our services or the behaviour of a council employee or contractor, it’s important we hear about it. We take all complaints seriously and will work with you in a fair and transparent way.  

Step 1.How to make a complaint 

The following options are available to submit a complaint: 

  • Complete the make a complaint online form 
  • Call us on 8397 7444
  • Visit us at 571 Montague Road Modbury
  • Send a letter to City of Tea Tree Gully, 571 Montague Road, Modbury 5092

Step 2.What happens next

All complaints are reviewed by the relevant service area.  We will always aim to resolve your issue the first time you contact us.

If this is not possible, we will respond to you within 5 business days, provided we have your contact details. We will also provide the details of the staff member handling your complaint. 

All complaints are managed in accordance with our Complaints Management Policy

Step 3.Not satisfied with the outcome of a complaint 

If we are unable to resolve your complaint, we'll clearly explain why.

If you consider that the correct process was not followed in determining the outcome, you can lodge an internal review of a Council decision via the online form (an application fee is applicable).

Please note: internal reviews are not actionable on rating decisions, including fees and charges. All internal reviews are managed in accordance with our Internal Review of Council Decision Policy

If you are still not satisfied with the outcome of a complaint – or if the complaint remains unresolved – you can seek assistance from the South Australian Ombudsman


A petition is one way in which members of the community may advise Council of their particular concerns regarding a specific issue or make requests of, and provide information to, Council. 

Request to submit a petition to Council

Petition to Council Guidelines(PDF, 169KB) 

Petition Management Policy(PDF, 88KB) 

Petition template - 1(DOCX, 21KB) 

Petition template - 2(DOCX, 19KB) 

Social media




Online newsletter 

Keep up to date with Council news and events by subscribing to Gully Life - our free monthly email newsletter. 

Sign up

Have your say 

We value community feedback.

See our full list of community engagement projects and keep updated on opportunities to have your say by visiting: Have your say