How a JP can assist you
Published on 04 October 2022
Justice of the Peace (JP’s) are volunteers appointed by the Attorney-General and act as an independent and objective witness to documents people use for official or legal purposes.
There are currently 27 JP’s who volunteer in City of Tea Tree Gully who provide this free service to our community. Each week, there are just under 200 JP appointments available to book.
Some documents that JP’s can sign include:
- Statutory declarations
- ID checks
- Police checks
- Divorce papers
- Teacher and nurse registrations
- Enduring power of attorney
- Land Title documents
- Advanced Care directives
- Certified copies of original documents
In the last financial year, City of Tea Tree Gully JP’s served 9,507 clients. This is significantly lower than previous years due to the impact of Covid-19.
The City of Tea Tree Gully offers JP bookings by appointment only. Before your appointment, ensure that you have:
- Relevant documentation ready
- Bring appropriate identification, including a photographic ID and relevant paperwork with all photocopies
- Advance care directives must be whole, including information sheets.
To make an appointment with a JP, book here or call our customer service team on 8397 7444 and we can book you in.
Find our more here