See where new footpaths will be built
Published on 02 September 2021
Work is underway on construction of about 5 km of new footpaths at various locations across the City.
These will be progressively rolled out until June 2022 at a combined cost of $1.3 million.
The new footpaths are part of plans to improve accessibility and lifestyle for residents and visitors to our City.
In addition, $950,000 will be invested in building new footpaths along Golden Grove Road, while $500,000 will be spent on bus stop upgrades to make them more accessible for people with disabilities.
Suburbs where new footpaths will be constructed this financial year:
- Balmoral Road - laneway near Lower North East Road to Balmoral Reserve
- Balmoral Road - Lyons Road to opposite Wells Road
- Chrysler Drive - Southern Terrace to Lyons Road
Carribean Street (Manooka Street to Kelly Road),
Minerva Crescent - Olympus Avenue to 16 Minerva Crescent
- Shakespeare Way
- Chapel Road - Byre Street to 32 Chapel Road
Harris Road - Stevens Road to Barkala Court
Sherwood Drive - Essex Street to Harris Road
Wakefield Crescent - McPharlin Avenue to Farrow Street
Pauline Drive - Yatala Vale Road to Amanda Drive
Wongabeena Drive - to 10 Casuarina Avenue
Yanakie Avenue - Baxter Avenue to Pringle Avenue
- Trim Drive - opposite Mattison Drive to Karyn Place
- Reisling Road - Alicante Avenue to Park Lake Drive