Access over Council reserves

You need permission to gain access over a Council reserve under By-law 3  


Refer to Fire prevention and restrictions for information about burning in the open and when to apply for a permit to burn. 

Driveway or crossing place

Apply to either alter an existing or request an additional driveway, crossing place, invert or gutter.

Refer to Verge alterations - driveways or crossing places

Fishing from Wynn Vale Dam

You need permission to fish for recreational purposes from Wynn Vale Dam, Wynn Vale. Allow at least 5 working days to assess the application. 

Flying drones

You need permission to operate a drone from Council land for recreational or commercial purposes. Permits are issued for 12 months.

Food vendors and selling from streets

You need permission to operate any of the following in our Council area:

  • Application to sell from streets and roads
    Stalls selling fruit, flowers or similar items.
    • $119 per location per day for non residents or businesses located outside the City
    • $49 per location per day for residents living within the City.

Heavy vehicle transport permits

Landscaping a verge permit

A permit is required to landscape a verge or naturestrip

Refer to Verge alterations - landscape a verge to apply 

Miniskips, bins and shipping containers

You need a permit to place a hard refuse bin, miniskip or shipping container on a public road, including on the verge.

Stormwater connections

A permit is required to connect and maintain stormwater pipes across Council land. 

Refer to Verge alterations - stormwater connections to apply

Underground electrical service connections

A permit is required to install, connect and maintain electrical connections under Council land. 

Refer to Verge alterations - underground electrical service connections to apply