This project was completed in September 2019.
A $1.2 million streetscape upgrade along Smart Road between North East Road and Reservoir Road has concluded. The first stage of the project redeveloped the Modbury Triangle side of Smart Road.
Traffic controls will be in place during the works to ensure that we provide a safe environment for our community members, staff and contractors. Signs will be placed on Smart Road for information on pedestrian and vehicular access.
This project created safe, tree-lined footpaths, landscaped median strips and a sense of vibrancy with the installation of street furniture.
Schedule of works:
- Footpath upgrade on the northern side of Smart Road. Completed late July
- Works underway in median and southern side of Smart Road
- Roundabout (Reservoir Road / Smart Road) upgrade including trees and low-level planting to be completed in September
- Installation of an automated irrigation system
- Excavation of median strips in preparation for landscaping
- Installation of a root barrier system in preparation for tree planting
- Redevelopment of the area around 19 Smart Road including a DDA compliant pedestrian refuge crossing
- Tree planting to be finalised in September/October
- Traffic management will be in place to minimise disruption to road users and pedestrians.
For all enquiries please call 8397 7444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.