This project commenced in late April 2019.
A $1.2 million streetscape upgrade along Smart Road between North East Road and Reservoir Road has commenced. The first stage of the project has redeveloped the Modbury Triangle side of Smart Road.
Traffic controls will be in place during the works to ensure that we provide a safe environment for our community members, staff and contractors. Signs will be placed on Smart Road for information on pedestrian and vehicular access.
This stage of the project is expected to be completed by August 2019 (weather permitting) and will create safe, tree-lined footpaths, landscaped median strips and a sense of vibrancy with the installation of street furniture.
Schedule of works:
- Footpath upgrade on the northern side of Smart Road. To be re-opened early to mid-July
- Works underway in median and southern side of Smart Road
- Installation of an automated irrigation system
- Excavation of median strips in preparation for landscaping
- Installation of a root barrier system in preparation for tree planting
- Redevelopment of the area around 19 Smart Road including a proposed DDA compliant Pedestrian Refuge
- Tree planting to be finalised in August/September
- Traffic management will be in place to minimise disruption to road users and pedestrians.
For all enquiries please call 8397 7444 or email email@example.com.