Be on the look out for swooping magpies with their breeding season now under way.
The good news is that the season is normally completed by early October.
In the meantime, try these helpful hints:
- Avoid the area where the magpies are nesting
- Wear sunglasses and a hard hat such as a bike helmet
- Carry a stick above your head or an open umbrella
- Walk, don’t run
- Cyclists should try wheeling their bikes through magpie territory
- Try setting up a bird feeding table in your backyard so magpies will learn to recognise you as a friend.