City of Tea Tree Gully logo - Homepage link Search
and Tools

Access over Council reserves

Permission is required to gain access over a Council reserve in accordance with Council's By-Law 3.
Applicants need to submit a copy of their current public risk insurance policy, insuring them for ten million dollars ($10,000,000) with their application. 

Access over council reserve(PDF,73KB)

Flying drones on Council land

Drone operators require permission under Council's By-Law 3 to operate a drone from Council land for recreational or commercial purposes.

Application to operate a drone from Local Government Land

Drone Policy(PDF,63KB)

Backyard burning

Apply for a permit to burn agriculture or forestry waste, to prepare food or beverages, for domestic heating, or for fire prevention or control outside the fire danger season - 1 May to 30 November.

Application for a burning permit(PDF,62KB)

Additional information on domestic heating and preparation of food(PDF,1MB)

Laws for burning in the open(PDF,691KB)

A permit issued by the Country Fire Service (CFS) is required during fire danger season.

Please see the CFS website for further information.

Rubbish, bins and shipping containers

Any person wishing to place a hard refuse bin, miniskip or shipping container on a roadway or footway within the City requires permission in accordance with Council's By-Law 3.

Application to place a container on Council land (By-Law 3)

Fishing from Wynn Vale Dam

Any person wishing to fish for recreational purposes from Wynn Vale Dam at Wynn Vale requires permission in accordance with Council's By-Law 3. An application form needs to be submitted noting that a minimum of 5 working days is required to assess the application. 

Application for permission to fish from Council land

Food vendors and selling from streets

Any person wishing to operate a mobile food vending business, sell ice cream, food or other products on Council streets and roads or Council owned land, requires permission from Council. 

Mobile food vending permit application

Application to sell from streets and roads

Application to sell ice cream and coffee from streets and roads

Application to sell from Council owned land

Heavy vehicle transport permits

For all general enquiries contact the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator

Enquiries about permits required within South Australia can be made by contacting the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure’s Vehicle Permits Team: Phone: 1300 882 248 or email:

Landscaping a verge permits

Application to landscape a Council verge (Section 221)

This application can be used to landscape a Council verge, for the addition / alteration of a driveway, laying underground services, or connecting a storm-water outlet to the kerb.

Back to top