Modbury Precinct Activation
The Modbury Precinct Activation Strategy identifies projects that will meet the objectives and deliver the outcomes for the area:
Objective 1 - Vibrancy
To facilitate a Modbury Precinct that is a centre of activity, diversity and culture.
Objective 2 - Prosperity
To cultivate a local economy that attracts new investment in retail, hospitality, entertainment, commerce, health, education and housing.
Objective 3 - Liveability
To ensure the Modbury Precinct includes high quality venues and public spaces and a range of quality housing/residential options.
Six desired outcomes
Within Modbury Precinct we want to:
- Create safe, healthy, high-quality public spaces that meet the needs of a changing community
- Achieve a high standard of design and architecture
- Provide alternative transport options to car based travel
- Build on local identity to create a sustainable and robust community with a unique sense of place
- Grow and diversify our population
- Grow our local businesses and economy.
Key indicators and delivery framework: Modbury Precinct Activation Strategy 2015-2040(PDF, 933KB)
Research that informed the Activation Strategy: Technical Report Modbury Precinct 30 July 2013(PDF, 3MB)