Neighbours and private property
For information and services on resolving issues with your neighbour please contact the Legal Services Commission of South Australia on 1300 366 424
A comprehensive list of services is available on their website. They can provide advice and assist you with managing issues relating to
- nuisance situations
- use of land.
Unsightly premises - squalor, hoarding and nuisance
We may investigate issues that fall under the Local Nuisance and Litter Control Act 2016.
This means properties that have
- excessive or unconstrained rubbish, waste or vegetation
- stockpiled, excessive or unconstrained disused or derelict items
- a building left in a state of disrepair, dilapidation and damage
where, in the opinion of an authorised officer of Council, it
- has an adverse effect on the amenity value of the area or
- causes the premises to be significantly out of conformity with the general appearance of neighbouring premises.
If you have concerns you'd like to discuss, please contact us