There are many changes happening in northern Adelaide’s economy, and they are bringing both opportunities and challenges for small-to-medium businesses prepared to embrace the transformational environment they operate in.
At a recent business luncheon, Dr Tom Hajdu, Chief Innovator for the South Australian Government shared a number of key messages for business looking to take advantage of these opportunities:
- Improve your digital competencies;
- Improve your messaging and get your message out – social media is massively important in this space and again this goes back to the first point about digital competencies; and
- The most important, TRY STUFF. No amount of planning will guarantee success and failure should be embraced.
To assist local businesses in our Council area, Polaris Business and Innovation Centre have been contracted by the City of Tea Tree Gully. They offer a variety of different services, including:
- Personalised, one-on-one mentoring sessions with an experienced business advisor
- Provision of straightforward and practical business advice to help get your business moving in the right direction
- Regular information sessions on a range of relevant business topics such as cyber security and intellectual property
- Workshops on important topics such as marketing, digital growth and leadership
- Breakfast and luncheon networking events.
Polaris business advisors are available to visit companies of any size in the City of Tea Tree Gully to chat about how to take your buusiness to the next level.
One of the business advisors, Geoff Haygreen, understands the pressures of managing a business after running a highly successful electrical retail business for 27 years before moving on to his current career.
“Our goal is to help businesses, including tradies and manufacturers, avoid as many pitfalls as possible so they can get on with growing and developing their businesses,” Mr Haygreen said.
Rory Hope of Rory’s Catering or Rory’s School Lunches is one local business owner who has tapped into the services of Polaris.
Mr Hope says they couldn’t have grown their business without the help of Polaris.
“We’ve made a lot of mistakes along the way and they can be very expensive. Polaris can help you to avoid these,” said Mr Hope.
Whether you’re looking to start a business, grow your business or export internationally, contact Polaris today to see how they can help you meet your business goals.