City of Tea Tree Gully logo - Homepage link Search
and Tools

What information is required to lodge an application?

  • Development application form
  • Certificate of title (CT)
    The CT extract must be no older than three months.
    Council does not keep copies of your CT, however for a fee Council can conduct a search for the CT, once a development application has been lodged, or alternatively, your CT can be ordered prior to lodgement from the Lands Titles Office, on 8226 3983.
  • Electricity Act declaration form
    This form is completed for any new development proposal involving the construction of a new building. Please refer to Building Safely Near Powerlines for more information.
  • Site plan
    A scaled site plan are required for all development applications. The site plan must comply with the following criteria; however a lesser level of detail may be acceptable in some circumstances. 

The site plan must: 

  • Be drawn to a recommended scale of 1:200 showing all boundaries of the property including measurements and site area, 
  • Show the location of all existing buildings and ‘Regulated’ or ‘Significant’ trees on the property and neighbouring property, 
  • Show the location of any easements on the property, 
  • Show how stormwater will be discharged from the property,
  • Show the location of any proposed retaining walls with details of required cut and/or fill,
  • Show driveways from adjoining roads onto the land and car parking spaces for occupants and visitors, 
  • Indicate location of street furniture such as stobie poles and any side entry pits adjacent to the property, 
  • For sloped land, contours of the land and finished floor levels of proposed building work in relation to the water table may be required.

For more information see Preparing a site plan.

 Elevation plans

  • An elevation plan is required for all applications. The elevations show the appearance of the proposed building. As a minimum, the elevation plan must:

    • Be drawn to a minimum scale of 1:100 and show all dimensions of the structure
    • Provide details of proposed external building materials, finishes and colours.
  •  Application fees

     Application fees are required at the time of lodgement. The fees will vary depending on the cost, type, and size of the development (square metres).


An application for Building Rules Consent will also be required. For more information contact the City Development department on 8397 7444.

Back to top