What information is required to lodge an application?
- Development application form
- Certificate of title (CT)
The CT extract must be no older than three months.
Council does not keep copies of your CT, however for a fee Council can conduct a search for the CT, once a development application has been lodged, or alternatively, your CT can be ordered prior to lodgement from the Lands Titles Office, on 8226 3983.
- Electricity Act declaration form
This form is completed for any new development proposal involving the construction of a new building. Please refer to Building Safely Near Powerlines for more information.
- Site plan
A scaled site plan are required for all development applications. The site plan must comply with the following criteria; however a lesser level of detail may be acceptable in some circumstances.
The site plan must:
- Be drawn to a recommended scale of 1:200 showing all boundaries of the property including measurements and site area,
- Show the location of all existing buildings and ‘Regulated’ or ‘Significant’ trees on the property and neighbouring property,
- Show the location of any easements on the property,
- Show how stormwater will be discharged from the property,
- Show the location of any proposed retaining walls with details of required cut and/or fill,
- Show driveways from adjoining roads onto the land and car parking spaces for occupants and visitors,
- Indicate location of street furniture such as stobie poles and any side entry pits adjacent to the property,
- For sloped land, contours of the land and finished floor levels of proposed building work in relation to the water table may be required.
For more information see Preparing a site plan.
An application for Building Rules Consent will also be required. For more information contact the City Development department on 8397 7444.