City of Tea Tree Gully logo - Homepage link Search
and Tools

What information is required to lodge an application?

  • Development application form
  • Certificate of title (CT)

    The CT extract must be no older than three months.

    Council does not keep copies of your CT, however for a fee Council can conduct a search for the CT, once a development application has been lodged, or alternatively, your CT can be ordered prior to lodgement from the Lands Titles Office, on 8226 3983.

  • Electricity Act declaration form
    This form is completed for any new development proposal involving the construction of a new building. Please refer to building safely near powerlines for more information.

  •  Site plan

     A scaled site plan are required for all development applications. The site plan must comply with the following criteria; however a lesser level of detail may be acceptable in some circumstances.

     The site plan must:

    • Be drawn to a recommended scale of 1:200 showing all boundaries of the property including measurements and site area
    • Show the location of all existing buildings and ‘Regulated’ or ‘Significant’ trees on the property and neighbouring property
    • Show the location of any easements on the property
    • Show how stormwater will be discharged from the property
    • Show the location of any proposed retaining walls with details of required cut and/or fill
    • Show driveways from adjoining roads onto the land and car parking spaces for occupants and visitors
    • Indicate location of street furniture such as stobie poles and any side entry pits adjacent to the property
    • For sloped land, contours of the land and finished floor levels of proposed building work in relation to the water table may be required.

    For more information, see preparing a site plan.

  • Elevation plans

    An elevation plan is required for all applications. The elevations show the appearance of the proposed building.

    As a minimum, the elevation plan must:

    • Be drawn to a minimum scale of 1:100 and show all dimensions of the structure
    • Provide details of proposed external building materials, finishes and colours.
  • Application fees

    Application fees are required, at the time of lodgement. The fees will vary depending on the cost, type and size of the development (square metres).

Back to top