City of Tea Tree Gully logo - Homepage link Search
and Tools

Development approval is required for house renovations/alterations when the following works are undertaken:

  • Removal, relocation or alterations to any internal load bearing wall that changes the existing wall framing structure’s ability to support roof loads or requires input from a civil or structural engineer
  • The installation of any additional wet areas (bathrooms and sanitary areas) within the existing floor area of a building or increasing the floor area of an existing wet area, but does not include repairs or minor updates
  • The installation of additional windows or alterations to existing windows
  • Alterations to roofing - ie changing from tiles to steel sheeting.
Back to top