City of Tea Tree Gully logo - Homepage link Search
and Tools

A swimming pool of any size/type requires development approval when located within a State heritage place, the hills face zone or in an area identified within Council’s Development Plan as being subject to flooding or inundation.

 If located outside of these areas, a swimming pool requires development approval in any of the following cases:

  •  The swimming pool will not be constructed in association with a house for the use of the residents
  • The depth of the swimming pool exceeds 300mm
  • In the case of an aboveground or inflatable swimming pool, the swimming pool incorporates a filtration system.

If you’re planning on installing a swimming/spa pool in your property and it is connected to Council’s CWMS, please read the following information on our CWMS page. For a permit to access Council land for a swimming pool installation visit our permits page.


Back to top