The display of outdoor advertisements requires approval from Council.
Temporary advertising signs
To display or erect an advertising sign or banner (other than a moveable sign) on a footpath or Council land advertising an event requires permission in accordance with Council By-Laws 2(PDF,611KB) and By-Laws 3(PDF,115KB).
With Council permission these signs may be displayed for one month prior to the event in any twelve month period.
900mm x 900mm
5m x 1m or
3m x 1m
Advertising sign application(PDF,105KB)
Moveable signs are known as 'A' Frame or sandwich board signs and may be displayed in accordance with Council By-Laws 5(PDF,721KB) provided that:
- The sign only contains material which advertises the business being conducted on premises adjacent to the moveable sign or the goods and services are available from that business
- There is only one moveable sign displayed per business
- The sign is only displayed when the business to which it relates is open to the public
- It is not tied, fixed or attached to anything
- The sign is not displayed during the hours of darkness unless it is in a clearly lit area and is clearly visible
- It is not displayed on a median strip, traffic island or on the carriageway of a road.
Outdoor advertising signs
The display of certain outdoor advertisements on private property require development approval from Council. Contact our City Development department on 8397 7444.
Artwork on Stobie/Power Poles
For information on artwork upon Stobie and power poles please see our Stobie Poles Guidelines(PDF,137KB).