Council investigates dog attack or dog harassment incidents and responds as soon as possible after the incident is reported.
What to do if a dog attack has occurred
If someone has been injured, seek medical assistance immediately. If an animal has been injured, seek veterinary assistance as soon as possible.
Report the incident to Council immediately on 8397 7313 during office hours or on 8397 7444 at any time.
Record details of the incident - key elements for you to note are:
- Date, time and location of the incident
- A description of the offending dog - breed, size and specific identifying features
- A description of the dog's owner and their contact details - if possible
- Car registration number, make, model, colour - if a car was involved and the offender drove away with the dog
- Photographs of any injuries.
How Council responds to a dog attack(PDF, 633KB)
Preventing dog attacks(PDF, 351KB)