Problems with dogs
Have a problem with a barking dog? Council can assist in resolving dog noise nuisance problems. Contact us on 8397 7313 during office hours.
Council investigates dog attack or dog harassment incidents and responds as soon as possible after the incident is reported.
What to do if a dog attack has occurred
If someone has been injured, seek medical assistance immediately. If an animal has been injured, seek veterinary assistance as soon as possible.
Report the incident to Council immediately on 8397 7313 during office hours or 1300 405 536 outside of business hours.
Record details of the incident - key elements to note are:
- Date, time and location of the incident
- A description of the offending dog - breed, size and specific identifying features
- A description of the dog's owner and their contact details - if possible
- Car registration number, make, model, colour - if a car was involved and the offender drove away with the dog
- Photographs of any injuries.
How Council responds to a dog attack(PDF, 633KB)
Preventing dog attacks(PDF, 351KB)
Dog parks and obedience training program
Visit our dog parks or have a better behaved dog by attending our dog obedience training program