Richardson Reserve redevelopment
Richardson Reserve is undergoing a $6.6 million upgrade. The three-year project involves the construction of a multi-purpose synthetic playing field and a new three-level multipurpose community building.
Stage 1 - $2.9 million - complete
The new pitches are available for public use when not in use by the Modbury Vista Soccer Club or associated hirers.
Animals and playing golf are not permitted on the synthetic surface.
- Federal Government - $500,000 from Sport Australia
- State Government - $242,000 from the State Local Government Infrastructure Partnership
Stage 2 - $3.7 million - underway
Construction of a three-storey multi-purpose community building to benefit the sporting and wider community. Up to 100 workers will be involved in this construction project, managed by Football South Australia. Work is scheduled for completion by August 2021. An artist's impression is displayed below.
- Level 1 - Three rooms for community hire, as well as access to public toilets
- Level 2 - State-of-the-art inclusive design change rooms, two referee rooms, plus a canteen and first aid room.
- Level 3 - Club room facility and a function space with a bar and kitchen.
- Grandstand - seating for 200 spectators.
At its meeting on 14 August 2018 Council considered the Community Engagement Outcomes Report and decided not to sell a portion of Richardson Reserve, Wynn Vale. Read the full report.