How CWMS is funded
Council charges property owners connected to CWMS an annual service charge in their rates bill to fund the:
- operation, maintenance and renewal of the network.
- renewal and upgrade of the mains
- routine pump outs of septic tanks
- service support
- fees charged by SA Water to accept wastewater into their system for treatment
- costs associated with depreciation, capital and risk.
Unlike other City of Tea Tree Gully ratepayers, those connected to CWMS do not pay SA Water sewer fees.
All CWMS charges collected by Council are used to keep the system operational for current and future users of the system.