Companion dog support program
Our free companion dog support program aims to help dog owners who are elderly or have a disability to maintain a healthy, positive and beneficial relationship with their dog.
By registering below, you may be eligible to have a volunteer visit once a week on an ongoing basis to walk your dog.
The program is for City of Tea Tree Gully residents who do not have family members or friends available to help walk their dog. This program is not for persons wanting their dog walked for a short period of time.
Once we receive your application:
- we will contact you by phone to discuss the participant's and dog's needs
- a date will be arranged for a home visit to determine suitability for the program.
- we will seek expressions of interest for a suitable volunteer who lives in your area
- the volunteer will receive Council inductions and appropriate screenings and training (this may take several weeks)
- a meeting will then be arranged at your home for you and your dog to meet the volunteer
- the volunteer will visit you once a week at a time that suits you both.
On-line registration form