Update March 2023:
- Applications for the 2022/2023 financial year have closed due to all funds being allocated.
- Eligible applications will only be accepted for events being held after 1 July 2023.
The youth sponsorship program has been established to assist and encourage young residents who have achieved outstanding results in their chosen field.
Funds are available for eligible applicants who have been chosen to represent South Australia or Australia at a national or international level through a competitive selection process for a competition / event / activity in the following categories:
- Arts and culture - eg art, dancing, singing, theatre
- Community involvement - eg public speaking, debating, YMCA, SA Youth Parliament
- Education and academic performance - eg maths, science, language
- Sport and recreation - eg football, netball, swimming, gymnastics.
Up to and including five members of the same institution, club or organisation competing / attending the same event, the maximum sponsorship will be:
- $100 if representing South Australia in a national competition or event in South Australia
- $200 if representing South Australia in a national competition or event interstate
- $300 if representing Australia in an international competition or event in Australia
- $400 if representing Australia in an overseas competition or event.
Approval is subject to annual budgetary limitations of the Youth Achievement Sponsorship program.