Noise control

There are several agencies that can help resolve noise issues.

People noise

This includes noise from parties, loud TVs/radios, musical instruments, music events/festivals and revving vehicles. Contact your local police station

Neighbourhood machine noise

This includes fixed machinery - eg air conditioners, pool pumps etc and non-fixed machinery - eg power tools, lawnmowers etc.

Times that machinery can operate:

  • Monday to Saturday: 8am to 8pm
  • Sunday: 9am to 8pm

Contact Council on 8397 7444

Animal noise

Dogs (barking dogs), parrots, chickens and roosters

Construction or building noise

Contact Council on 8397 7444 

Liquor-licensed premises

From pubs, nightclubs and other premises licensed under the Liquor Licensing Act 1997   Contact Consumer and Business Services

Noise from strata or community-titled units

Contact the strata or management corporation group.

Noise from a school, kindergarten, child care centre or church

Contact the relevant organisation.  

Noise in the workplace

For details on legislative requirements, contact Safework SA or Return to Work SA

Industrial and commercial premises

For detail on legislative requirements, contact the EPA or view the Environment Protection (Noise) Policy 2007

Aircraft noise

For noise from aircraft, contact the Air Services Australia noise enquiries hotline on 1800 802 584.