City of Tea Tree Gully logo - Homepage link Search
and Tools

There are several agencies that can help resolve noise issues.

People noise

This includes noise from parties, loud TVs/radios, musical instruments, music events/festivals and revving vehicles. Contact your local police station

Neighbourhood machine noise

This includes fixed - air conditioners, pool pumps, etc and non-fixed - power tools, lawnmowers, etc.

Times that machinery can operate:

  • Mon - Sat: 8am - 8pm
  • Sun: 9am - 8pm
    Contact Council on 8397 7444

Animal noise

Dogs (barking dogs), parrots, chickens and roosters.

Construction or building noise

Contact Council on 8397 7444 

Liquor-licensed premises

From pubs, nightclubs and other premises licensed under the Liquor Licensing Act 1997   Contact Consumer and Business Services

Noise from strata or community-titled units

Contact the strata or management corporation group.

Noise from a school, kindergarten, child care centre or church

Contact the relevant organisation.  

Noise in the workplace

For details on legislative requirements, contact Safework SA or Return to Work SA

Industrial and commercial premises

For detail on legislative requirements, contact the EPA or view the Environment Protection (Noise) Policy 2007

Aircraft noise

For noise from aircraft, contact the Air Services Australia noise enquiries hotline on 1800 802 584.

Back to top