I’M ALERT Food Safety on-line training
Visit www.teatreegully.imalert.com.au. You’ll find simple onscreen instructions to follow. We encourage you to take a look and get started.
The City of Tea Tree Gully is making online food safety training available to businesses and individuals in our Council area. It’s a valuable resource for our community provided by Council, best of all it’s free and we believe it can help avoid food handling mistakes.
Coursework was created and is updated by qualified and experienced environmental health professionals and topics cover what is equivalent to taking a two-day consultant-led course.
This training is backed by Australia’s peak environmental health body, Environmental Health Australia. It is called the I'M ALERT Food Safety On-line training. Topic areas comply with food safety obligations found under the Food Safety Standards for Australia and New Zealand.
Here are the benefits of using the training:
• This training will help food businesses meet their skills and knowledge obligations under the Food Safety Standards (Standard 3.2.2 Clause 3)
• Users will gain the skills and knowledge needed to ensure safe food handing
• Topics reflect basic food safety principles covering temperature control, food receipt, food storage, hygiene of food handlers, etc. Users can select the topics that are relevant to a particular role
• Topics are interactive, which makes them more engaging, and they are easy to follow
• Training is available in English and also in Mandarin
• Online coursework can be done where and when it’s convenient
• It offers printable records certificates/acknowledgement forms that demonstrate staff skills & knowledge at completion of modules.
Note: The acknowledgement must be printed immediately after course completion for business records as the system doesn’t store results.
Current minimum system requirements:
• Internet connection (broadband recommended if possible)
• PC, Mac or iPads can be used
• Modern web browser
• Screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher
• Speakers (or headphones)
• Adobe Reader version 5 or higher.
If you have any questions, please contact an Environmental Health Officer on 8397 7444.
I'm Alert Food Safety Training Flyer(PDF,1MB)