Request a search
Fees and charges
- Rates only - $35
- Full Section 7 Search - $60
- Full Section 7 Search (urgent) - not offered
Cheques received for incorrect amounts will be returned and need to be reissued with the correct amount or an alternate payment method provided.
Council has up to 8 working days to complete a search. We do not offer urgent searches.
We do endeavour to complete search requests as soon as possible.
Certificate of Title
A certificate of title must be provided for full Section 7 searches in order for Council to process the search request.
Information on how to obtain a Certificate of Title can be found at Land Titles office
A full Section 7 search includes:
- Rates certificate - rates levied for current financial year and any outstanding rates balance
- Health – details of any relevant notices issued
- Development assessment – listing and supporting decision notification forms for approved development applications with ongoing conditions
- Building indemnity insurance (if held by Council)
Searches can be requested by any person with an interest in the land. Under the Local Government Act 1999 (Section 187), a person has an interest in land if that person is:
- the owner of a registered estate or interest in the land
- an occupier of the land
- a person who has entered or declares to Council that he or she proposes to enter into a contract to purchase the land
- a mortgagee or prospective mortgagee of the land.