Youth leadership program
Applications are open to join the youth leadership program and close on 9 April 2023.
The program offers structured leadership sessions, training and interactive activities for young people aged 15 to 22 years who live, work or study in the City of Tea Tree Gully.
These sessions are held weekly during terms 2 and 3, excluding school holidays.
In addition to developing leadership skills, participants have an opportunity to be involved in designing, planning and delivering Council youth events such as the Youth Achievement Awards and Youth Leadership Conference. The program will culminate in a graduation ceremony.
Previous youth leaders have said this about the program:
- "Leadership has helped me so much. I can now talk in groups of people where I don't know anyone and I have even talked on stage in front of about 200 people. If you are struggling with self confidence and talking in front of people then I would highly recommend enrolling in leadership!"
- "It's a great program to develop life skills."
- "Youth Leadership was an amazing experience, creating friendships with new people, embracing change within the community, and inspiring other young leaders."
- "This program can look great on a resume, especially all the events you get to run."
- "Want to learn more about yourself while making life long friends? Then the leadership program is for you!"
If you wish to apply for this exciting skill development program, please read the Youth leadership information pack(PDF, 640KB) before completing the application form.
- Applications have been extended and will now close Sunday 9 April 2023.
- All applicants will be informed of the outcome on Friday 14 April 2023.