The youth sponsorship program has been established to assist and encourage young residents who have achieved outstanding results in their chosen field.
Funds are available for eligible applicants who have been chosen to represent South Australia or Australia at a national or international level through a competitive selection process for a competition / event / activity in the following categories:
- Arts and culture eg art, dancing, singing, theatre
- Community involvement eg public speaking, debating, YMCA SA Youth Parliament
- Education and academic performance eg maths, science, language
- Sport and recreation eg football, netball, swimming, gymnastics
Applications are accepted throughout the year. Funding will be allocated to successful applicants until grant money is expended. To be eligible for sponsorship under this program applicants must be/have:
- A resident of the City of Tea Tree Gully
- Aged under 25 years of age at time of application
- Provide ID or a letter from applicant's school verifying date of birth
- Applications must be received at least one month prior to event/activity date
- Submit a typed, signed letter of acceptance of position on the team (on official letterhead) from the relevant state/national body or association
Please read the Youth sponsorship program guidelines(PDF,387KB) before submitting the Youth Achievement Sponsorship application form below.
Click here to view form.