Book a hard waste collection
Book online or call Solo Resource Recovery on 8159 5090
Please make a booking before putting hard waste out for collection.
Each household is eligible for 2 free hard waste pick ups each year. Wait time may be up to four weeks.
If you no longer need your hard waste collection, please call Solo Resource Recovery on 8159 5090 at least 48 hours prior to your collection date.
How much to put out
Residents are entitled to dispose of up to 2 cubic metres of hard waste
or 2m x 1m x 1m
Preparing for your collection
- Ensure items are eligible for collection - see items permitted below and hard waste fact sheet(PDF,1MB) for more info
- Put waste neatly on the nature strip, clear of the footpath and road, the day before it is due for collection
- Remove all doors from fridges, freezers and washing machines
- Do not stack your waste too high and lie taller items down eg wardrobes
- Break larger items up if possible
- Safely maintain all items until they are collected.
- Furniture and bedding, including mattresses up to queen size
- White goods, including fridge/freezers, washing machines, stoves and dryers with lids and doors removed
- Electrical equipment excluding TVs and computers, these can be recycled at ECycle
- Scrap metal and timber items up to 1.5m in length
- Tools and gardening equipment
- Carpets and linoleum rolled and tied with rope
- Kitchenware, including pottery and crockery
- Empty paint tins
- Pallets - must be broken and bundled.
Items not permitted
- Anything heavier than 50kg or longer than 1.5m
- E-waste - TVs, computers, monitors, projectors, printers, including parts and accessories - these can be taken to ECycle
- Green waste, such as branches, these can be taken to Enviro Care
- Oils or liquid waste, including paint cans with residual liquids in them
- Vehicle bodies or parts, including engines, body panels, tyres and batteries
- Building materials, including bricks, concrete, plasterboard, dirt or rocks
- Chemical or hazardous waste
- Items in plastic bags, including domestic waste
- Items that can be recycled in yellow recycling bin or green organics bin
- Gas bottles or asbestos
- Commercial waste
- Ceramics - eg toilets, basins.
Disposing of material that can’t be collected
Material not accepted through our hard waste collection, such as chemicals, oils, acids and fluorescent globes, should be disposed of in an environmentally responsible way - see waste and recycling