City of Tea Tree Gully logo - Homepage link Search
and Tools

Organic bins or green bins are not supplied by Council but are a great way to dispose of your garden and household waste.

How do I get one? 

If your property doesn't currently have a green organics bin, you can purchase one from a local hardware store or commercial retailer such as Paramount Browns. The bin must be 240 litres and green with any coloured lid other than red or yellow.

Damaged or stolen green organic bin

If your green organic bin has been damaged, call Solo Resource Recovery on 8159 5090

Stolen green organic bins need to be replaced by owners as these bins are not supplied by Council.

Bin collection 

Green bin collection occurs fortnightly on the week after recycling collection. Collection of one green organics bin per fortnight, per household, is at no cost. Additional collection can be requested at a pro-rata cost

Bin collection days and map

What goes in it? 

What you can dispose of in green organics bin.

  • Kitchen food scraps including fruit, meat, vegetables and egg shells
  • Tea bags and coffee grounds
  • Tissues and paper towels
  • Shredded paper and cardboard
  • Pizza boxes
  • Pet waste
  • Garden waste such as lawn clippings, small branches, leaves and flowers

Please ensure items are loose or wrapped only in newspaper or in the green compost bags provided free by Council. 

Mini Muncher

Find out more about our mini muncher kitchen caddy -  a great way to maximise household recycling for the whole family. 

Larger amounts of green waste can be recycled at Enviro Care Sunday. We also accept e-waste and many other household items at this regular event.  

For more information please contact us on 8397 7444. 

Back to top