Working for my community
A career with City of Tea Tree Gully is a step towards a great lifestyle. Working for and alongside people from your local community, we strive to make a positive difference in the lives of our residents, businesses and visitors. We value a flexible workplace, great working culture and empowering our people to do their jobs well.
If you don't see the right position for you, please follow us on Linkedin, Facebook and subscribe to our monthly enewsletter.
Why work here?
Our team performs meaningful, purpose-driven work with a true connection to our community. We all enjoy lifestyle benefits, such as good hours and free parking, flexible working arrangements and a people-focused culture motivated by Customers, Teamwork, Trust and Growth.
Our vision is a thriving community with a quality lifestyle that values its people and natural environment.
- Free income protection insurance
- Free journey and travel insurance through income protection - to and from work
- Employee Assistance Program - extended to immediate family members
- Free on-site car parking
We provide employees with opportunities to balance their work and personal responsibilities through a number of flexible options, making time for what matters most to you.
- A holistic health and well-being program offering free flu vaccinations, skin checks, health assessments, workshops and more
- Corporate uniform allowance - for selected roles
- Study support
- Professional development opportunities
- Purchased leave
- Part time/job share
- Generous paid parental leave entitlements
- Working from home arrangements
Employees enjoy excellent conditions including collectively negotiated Enterprise Bargaining Agreements underpinned by Industry Awards.
- SA Municipal Officer's Salaried Award
- Local Government Employees Award
Our values and behaviours
- Our customers are central to everything we do.
- We treat people with respect and consideration.
- We deliver a positive customer experience.
- Customer focus.
- We deliver on our promises.
- We are open, honest and fair.
- Integrity and honesty.
- One community, one team.
- We care for and support each other.
- Reward and recognition.
- We develop our community and our people.
- We grow through learning and change.
What our employees say
“I continue to work at the City of Tea Tree Gully because I value the deep personal connections I have with my co-workers. I look at them as an extended family - they are genuine and show interest in your life through the highs and lows. The people that I work with are invested, committed and want to make a difference for our community; from the small transactional interactions, conversations and smiles to the bigger differences through advice and services. I truly believe what we do individually, and as a team, department and whole organisation makes a positive difference in our community – and that’s why I work here, because I want to be a piece in the puzzle that makes the larger picture work.”
“I love the ability to make a real, meaningful and lasting difference to the community. With a young family, the flexibility and support are a huge plus.”
“It is accessible for my disability and the atmosphere is welcoming and inclusive.”
“I have the trust and freedom to perform my duties in the way that makes me feel confident and comfortable so I can deliver a quality product in a timely matter. I appreciate the accessibility of our leadership – if I have any problem or issues, I don’t have to jump through hoops to get help or guidance.”
Other ways to be involved
Volunteering Work experience and temporary employment Information for schools