Access over Council reserves

You need permission gain access over a Council reserve under By-law 3  


Between 1 May and 30 November residents who live in a high fire risk area can apply for a permit to:

  • burn agriculture
  • forestry waste
  • to prepare food or beverages outside
  • for domestic heating (e.g. campfires)
  • for fire prevention or control

A permit issued by the Country Fire Service (CFS) is required during fire danger season. Please see the CFS website for further information. 

Fishing from Wynn Vale Dam

You need permission to fish for recreational purposes from Wynn Vale Dam, Wynn Vale. Allow at least 5 working days to assess the application. 

Flying drones

You need permission to operate a drone from Council land for recreational or commercial purposes. Permits are issued for 12 months.

Food vendors and selling from streets

You need permission to operate any of the following in our Council area:

  • Application to sell from streets and roads
    Stalls selling fruit, flowers or similar items.
    • $105 per location per day for non residents or businesses located outside the City
    • $40 per location per day for residents living within the City.

Heavy vehicle transport permits

Landscaping a verge permits

This application is for 

  • landscape a Council verge
  • the addition / alteration of a driveway
  • laying underground service
  • connecting a storm-water outlet to the kerb


Miniskips, bins and shipping containers

You need a permit to place a hard refuse bin, miniskip or shipping container on a roadway or footway.