Civic Park hire
Host your next major event at Civic Park
The jewel of the North East
Civic Park is available for professional productions, community events and festivals and not for general hire.
A natural amphitheatre means this location is ideal for major events requiring staging. The park offers power, water and vehicle access, ideal for setting up major community events and food truck-style catering. We may also be able to offer Event Command Centre, change rooms and operational space at Council's Civic Centre.
Over the hill on the Montague Rd side of the park, there is a second, smaller grassed area available for supporting activities or a break from the main park activities.
The park is bordered by a paved walking track making the park accessible and easy to move around.
Our permanent festoon lights give the park a festive feel and ensure the area is well-lit through the night.
- Space for up to 15,000 attendees
- Permanent amenities with room to bring in temporary toilets
- A Changes Places facility is under construction in late 2023
- Dedicated car park
- Fencing by arrangement
- Easy access to the Obahn, Tea Tree Plaza, local restaurants and Modbury Hospital.
Tell us about your event idea to be hosted in Civic Park
Or email our Major Events Team to learn more about Civic Park and explore hosting your next major community event at this location.
Things to consider before enquiring
- Event managers will be required to provide appropriate event management plans, risk management plan, insurance certificates and other related documentation
- Event managers must inform local business and residents of the event with a minimum of two weeks notice
- Events must be concluded by 10pm, with bump in / out between 7am and midnight only
- Civic Park hire permission is given at the discretion of council
- Qualified / licensed contractors are required for electrical, audio visual, first aid, staging and security.
- Fireworks and pyrotechnics are generally not permitted, but special permission can be granted at the discretion of Council.
Civic Park has hosted many Council-managed major events such as Carols, Touch a Truck, outdoor movies and the Summer Garden Festival.
We also welcome community events such as car shows, music festivals, food truck carnivals and children's activities.
Terms and Conditions